The new season of Arrested Development is coming at us, and coming at us fast. It’ll be released all at once on Netflix, and I could not be more thrilled for that sweet day in May when I’ll be cutting off all real life activity and watching the lot of them, marathon-style. Now that you know about that part of my crazy, you can imagine how thrilled I was to see this morning that Junk, starring Tom Jane (They shoot heroin, don’t they?) had arrived on Netflix.
However, I was saddened by the fact that I couldn’t actually watch Junk… and as I dug deeper into the Netflix site, I was even SADDER that I couldn’t watch Love, Indubitably, El Amor Prohibito, Franklin Comes Alive, or Homeless Dad. Siiiiigh. Apparently, Netflix released a first batch of these teasers last December as well.
Good work to Netflix for getting these teasers in circulation and really amping up the fans for that May release date. BAD WORK for not following through and actually producing every single one of these. It’s like you’re not even trying, guys.
El Amor Prohibido (TV-14)
A lusty telenovela chronicling the complex love lives of the staff at a hospital for terminally-ill kids. Can even innocent eyes tame their passion?
- Cast: Marta Estrella, Guillermo Ortiz, Felicio Colon
- Genre: TV Shows, TV Dramas, Medical TV Dramas, TV Soaps
- This movie is: Emotional, Steamy, Romantic
Homeless Dad (TV-14)
A street-walking, homeless junkie is desperate to win custody of his kids. Society may be against him but they don’t expect his secret weapon: Love.
- Cast: Thomas Jane
- Genre: Children & Family Movies, Dramas, Tearjerkers, Family Dramas
- This movie is: Gritty, Inspiring
From the directors of Dangerous Cousins comes a bleak portrait of drug addicts, brought together by fate, who compete in grueling dance marathon.
- Cast: Thomas Jane
- Genre: Dramas, Social Issue Dramas
- This movie is: Dark, Gritty, Mind-bending
Franklin Comes Alive (TV-14)
Witness unseen footage of the historical recording sessions for the CD, “Franklin Comes Alive,” and its raw, often painful, call for racial harmony.
- Cast: Franklin Delano Bluth, George Bluth Jr.
- Genre: Documentaries, Music & Concert Documentaries, Music & Concert Movies
- This movie is: Emotional, Provocative
An unapologetic comedy of manners about a clumsy cad who always lands in hot water when it comes to affairs of the heart.
- Cast: Grant Hughes
- Genre: Comedies, Romantic Movies, Romantic Comedies, British Movies
- This movie is: Goofy, Romantic